October 14, 2008

old photos and updates

This weekend was awesome. We had a competition called Ms. Moorea, which was amazing. We are not allowed to post the pictures out of respect of the MEN who dressed up as women for the sake of our enjoyment, but it was quite literally the most fun I have had in some time. And true to form we had a wild after party at the Fare Pote (grass hut out on the shore). It was a nice way to unwind after a hard week of field work and such. Also Brent and George, the two professors that have been here for the past couple weeks left, so the next morning we had a big brunch and send off. The group is getting really close and having even more fun every week. Caitie and I did one of my lagoon observations yesterday. The two of us together are a walking or should I say kayaking disaster. It was amusing and I got good shots and amazing video. Our kayak literally defied physics. It refused to go to shore where we needed to be no straight, just left and right. We were laughing so hard at our dilemma that we couldn't paddle at certain points. The right as we round the pier I yell we made it, and then SLAM into the pier we go. We walked the kayak the 50 ft or so...such a walk of shame. It was awesome though. My other roommate Ellarae taught yoga last night, which was a nice way to unwind.

Now for some pictures!!!

Here is one picture I requested permission to post!



Papa Al for a one night engagement as mama Al. No words.




Brandon and Ben husking coconuts...being men and all (grunt)

Now for some Dock Skimming...

This is Brent, one of our professors...so cool that he did this!


This is from Hayley's birthday. Part of the olympics was dock skimming. I think Ben was the only to get two tens, one for style and one for distance.


This was the beer olympic portion...boat racing for team L and S (I am in both colleges, l+s and cnr so I went between the teams). From left to right Liz, Me, Hayley, Olivier, Jen Hoey



Enjoy!

No comments: